Sunday, June 5, 2016

Hero Returns Home

My HERO returns to his Heavenly Home!!!!!

Friday morning early, at 1:20AM here in Sweden, I received a call from my oldest son, Josh, informing me that Grandpa, my Dad, had passed away from a heart attack in his home.  He returned home to Heavenly Father on May 19, 2016, and I have had a huge hole in my heart.



He was a wonderful Father to me and my siblings, and he loved his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  But oh how he missed his companion, Joyce, and longed to be with her again.  I am sure the reunion with mom and my younger brother, John, was sweet beyond measure.



Dad was a veteran of the Korean War and had a great love for his country and always showed great respect to the flag and those who served to keep others free.  He was layed to rest in the Meadow Cemetary by the side of his eternal companion, Joyce Slack Beckstrand.  I love my Father and mother and have blessed to have them both as wonderful examples.  I miss you Dad.



A special thanks to my wonderful children and grandchildren for stepping in and representing Tammy and I, as we continue in the Lord's service here in Sweden.  The Lord requires us all to sacrifice, and not being able to be with family at this time is ours.  We love our family and are so grateful for the lives they are living in the gospel.  Thank goodness for our wonderful missionaries in the Sweden Stockholm Mission and for their love and prayers at this time for us.  We love them and count them as our Family.




No comments:

Post a Comment